Monday, June 15, 2009

Why Are There Ads On My Blog After I Dissed People Who Blog For Profit?

No, you're not imagining things--there is a great big ad on my blog now. And yes, you're right, I'm officially a sell out after equating blogging for money to charging your husband for sex.

So why'd I do it? I'll tell you why: curiosity. Seriously, that's it. I have no illusions I'll be making more than a few bucks a month--if that. I think BlogHer pays $5 or $10 for 1,000 page impressions; if you refer to my stats you'll see I have yet to hit 1,000 visits in a month's time. I have 64 subscribers. I get about 35 page views a day. Basically there's a zero percent chance I'll be quitting my day job anytime soon based on my earning potential from blogging.

So, there you have it--and sorry for the annoyingness of the one ad that creeps across the page--in the end I may take down the ads just to get rid of that one.

No comments: