Wednesday, November 25, 2009

I'm Thankful for....Blogcation

Among the many, many things in life that I'm thankful for--good health, a wonderful family, a great job despite a rough economy, material comforts, scads of interesting friends both on and offline, to name just a few--I'm thankful for the opportunities blogging has brought me. To me, blogging is one of the few pleasures in life that a person can have total control over. There are no rules, you can write what you want, when you want, how you want, and only if you want. If you enjoy writing--are, in fact--compelled to write because it's what makes you tick--blogging is a godsend. Sure, journaling is nice, but somehow knowing nobody will ever see it it just kind of falls short in the "I'm writing to share my feelings and experiences" scheme of things.

At any rate, as much as I love to write, lately I think I've been too busy to do a great job at it. Rather than rehash the whole thing, you can read about it in my other blog if you're interested in why I think this.

So this is what I'm going to do about it: take a blogcation. After all, it's a holiday, right? I'm going to hang with my husband and kids, read, go see some movies...and try not to think social media thoughts for a few days.

Thanks for reading and sharing my posts, and I hope you all have a great, low family drama Thanksgiving.

No comments: