Wednesday, March 3, 2010

How Much is a "Day of Your Time" Worth?

A few days ago I blogged about how mommy bloggers undervalue themselves; today Chris Brogan told the world that he charges $22,000 for a day of his time.

This may be sacrilege but I can't help but think of the (awesome) HBO show, Cathouse, when Chris talks about how much he charges for "a day of his time". (NOT safe for work so I'm not even putting a link to it, lest you click it then blame me when you get fired.) The show is about the Bunny Ranch...which, if you don't already know, is a brothel. Those girls make some serious coin.

My favorite concept on that show is "the girlfriend experience"--basically what regular guys get for free from real girlfriends, some guys are willing to pay thousands for at the Bunny Ranch. I don't remember the exact figure but I think they charge--and get--something like $10,000 for maybe a half day of their time. Yes--that's right--there are men out there who will pay $10,000 or more to take a woman to dinner and spend the night--even when there exist in nature millions of women out there who will do it for free. Just as there are companies out there who will pay $22,000 for a day of Chris Brogan's time--even though there are people out there who will do it for a lot less--or for free.

My point? Set your value high, because there are people out there who will pay it.

No comments: