Monday, May 31, 2010

Does Summer=Social Media Burnout Time?

Just as regularly as I get depressed in winter, I am finding myself feeling burnt-out on all things social media for the second summer in a row. Last June I blogged about how I just wasn't feeling like blogging, tweeting, "engaging"--the whole social media shebang--and wondered if it had anything to do with the nice weather. Here we are again and summer has only just begun yet I'm finding myself feeling the same way--just kind of drained and tired of keeping up with all this stuff.

Facebook is about to change privacy settings again--great, so another thing to get up to speed on. I now have four Twitter accounts to stay on top of (only one personal; the other three are for work). Two Facebook pages to manage...not counting my personal profile. Two blogs, although the "fun" one is basically on life support because it just requires more creative energy than I have to keep up two blogs. And about to start a new work one...

Yawn.

The good news is that, when I wrote that post last June I talked about how I had 60 subscribers. A year has passed and now I have 273. Clearly putting in the effort pays off with social media. It would just be nice if it wasn't such a 24/7 endeavor.

No comments: