Thursday, January 6, 2011

For the Love of GOD Can Someone Please Explain Quora?

Have you seen the story about the homeless guy with the dream radio voice yet? I'd venture to guess the answer to that is "yes," given the amount of press the guy has gotten over the past week or so.

But there's something that's gotten even more coverage than radio guy lately--at least in my Twitter stream. Quora. WTF? I'd never even heard of Quora until a few weeks ago and suddenly it seems to be ALL anyone is tweeting/blogging/talking about. I have to say I absolutely, positively do NOT understand what all the fuss is about. Of course I signed up for it to check it out and try to at least understand what it is, yet this is as far as I've gotten so far: I log in and get a screen with some topics to follow. I don't want to follow these topics; I'm just browsing. So I click "skip," hoping to clear the suggestions and check out what all the fuss is about. But nothing happens. So far this is ALL I've seen of Quora:

That's it. I cannot get past this one screen. Not for lack of trying--I've tried probably a dozen times.

Seriously? I don't have time for this. Just on principle I hate Quora now. How the hell are people actually finding it to be valuable? How are they getting past this initial screen?! Has there, ever, in the history of the Internet, been a crappier UI?

No comments: