Friday, February 11, 2011

Facebook Comment Notifications Suck

Ok, maybe this doesn't warrant a whole blog post, but since I crowed yesterday about how Facebook is finally offering Page Admins notifications via email when someone posts or comments on the Page's wall, I think it's only fair to quell the expectations that now all will be right with the world for Facebook Page admins. Since I changed one of my Pages over to the new format and opted in to email notifications for posts and comments, I've received exactly ONE email about ONE comment. Meanwhile, Hyper Alerts continue to be spot-on and arrived for each of the dozen comments or posts to the Page during that same time period.

So, shocker, Facebook disappoints and proves to be unreliable. What else is new? Do yourself a favor and don't turn off Hyper Alerts anytime soon.

No comments: