Monday, June 13, 2011

Community Manager Confusion, Influence, and More

Birthday Cake

Even though I'm 43 years old I can't resist announcing--it's my birthday today. What am I doing to celebrate? Well, today, working, but tomorrow I'm taking my first trip to England. Yes, it took me 42 years on this planet to get a passport, but I finally got one and I'm going to visit a friend in England. Which is my roundabout way of saying I won't be blogging for the next week or so.

If you can't stand the thought of being without my rantings for the next week, you can visit a few other blogs I've posted on lately:
  • Community Manager Confusion on Waxing UnLyrical. Huge thanks to Shonali Burke for having me, and be sure to check out the Blue Key campaign she's championing, as well as some other great causes she recently blogged about. 
  • Last month I did a guest post for SocialFishing about SocMetrics, an influence-measuring tool that I think is really awesome. I have another post there coming up on June 16th about a topic which I'm kind of obsessed with lately...so be sure to go over there later this week and check it out. Another thing you should definitely check out if you're in the nonprofit or association world is SocialFish's new Think Tank. They describe the Think Tank "an online peer-to-peer learning hub and knowledge library of social media resources for associations and nonprofits" and it is truly awesome. It's not just another discussion board; it's a very cool platform that includes video tutorials and a unique Q&A format that you have to see to appreciate.
 So that's about it--wish me luck on the longest flight I've ever been on (I hate flying) and I'll see you sometime after June 22, depending on how long it takes to get over jet lag and catch up on work.

No comments: