Monday, June 6, 2011

Who Wants to Win a $25 Dunkin' Donuts Gift Card?


If you read this blog, you know I almost never write about or review products--unless I just happen to be writing about a product or service just because I feel like writing about it. Once I did a review of ProFlowers because I liked their non-nonsense blogger outreach approach. I was a BitMom blogger because I'm genuinely passionate about online safety for kids and teens. But mostly I just blog because I like writing.

About a year ago I wrote a post about Dunkin' Donuts and Foursquare. The guy behind the DCDunkin account reached out to me to tell me he liked the post and my ideas. I liked that he liked my post and that I wasn't just a number to him. So when he recently invited me to a blogger event at a local Dunkin' Donuts, I went. And I have to say it was awesome.

We got to try all kinds of Dunkin' Donuts stuff--drinks and food. The best were the frozen drinks--frozen lemonade, frozen iced tea and frozen hot chocolate. Since these drinks have sugar and I'm a diet drink kind of gal, I wouldn't have bought any of these to try but I have to say they were all awesome. I learned that the flavor syrups for their coffees are sugar-free, though, so I can now have hazelnut or blueberry iced coffee instead of my usual plain. (By the way, in case you're thinking "oh, I didn't know Maggie was diabetic and couldn't have sugar"...I'm not; I'm just vain.)

While the food and drinks were tasty and I enjoyed meeting the Dunkin' Donuts staff and local marketing people, The BEST thing I learned was that Dunkin' Donuts K-Cups will soon be available!!!

So kudos to DC Dunkin' for his personalized approach to blogger outreach. I already was a Dunkin' Donuts fan but I admit attending the event broadened my horizons as far as what I order there--I have already gone back for the frozen lemonade/iced tea combo. Even though it is swimsuit season.

The good news for you? They gave me a $25 Dunkin' Donuts gift card to do a giveaway for my readers. The handful of times I've done giveaways I haven't gotten too much interest, but who would not want a $25 Dunkin' Donuts gift card?! All you have to do to enter to win is leave a comment with your name and either Twitter handle or email address so I can contact you if you win. On Friday, June 10 sometime after 5 pm I will use Random.org to generate a winner. Giveaway only available to US residents--sorry but making it to the PO is not one of my strong points and I wouldn't know how to send a piece of international mail if you put a gun to my head.

Disclosure: I received a gift card and some other DD goodies, including the most awesome swag of all time--the DD flash drive--as well as yummy food and drinks at the event.

UPDATE: Congrats Rebecca Frank! You won the gift card! Thanks everyone for entering!

No comments: