Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Please Help Me Raise Funds for The Children's Inn at NIH Through Give to the Max Day

I blog because I love writing. Period. Through blogging I've met cool people and been offered cool opportunities, but have never had a chance to use my blog to give something back. Until now, that is.

Enter Give to the Max Day. Give to the Max Day is a one-day fundraising event on November 9, 2011 that will unite local Maryland, Virginia and Washington, DC communities to support nonprofits serving the area. The goal of the event is to get thousands of local residents to support their favorite regional charity, in hopes of raising millions in donations and grants in just 24 hours.

I'm lucky to be involved with Give to the Max day as an "activator"--an online advocate who has volunteered to help raise awareness of the event, and to help spread the word about both Give to the Max Day and some of the participating nonprofits. I have chosen to try to raise funds for an area nonprofit that I feel is deserving of some major attention and funds: the Children's Inn at NIH.

I know how blessed I am to have two healthy kids, and I know that not everyone is as lucky as I am. Way back in February I read this article in the Washington Post about the Children's Inn at NIH. It talked about how the Children's Inn is a place where kids with rare, often deadly diseases can come in a last-ditch attempt to be treated and, hopefully, cured. It's a place where their families can stay while the kids receive treatment, where they can live in much more comfort than that afforded by hospital and/or hotel rooms, and where they can bond with families going through the same horrible struggles. Some kids recover while being treated at NIH; some don't.

So, do me a favor if you would be so kind: please visit my fundraising page for the Children's Inn at NIH. Watch the video. Share the link. And, if you are so moved, please donate. On Give to the Max Day there will be prizes awarded to fundraisers who garner the most individual donations--together we could win up to $10,000 for the Children's Inn!




1 comment:

Unknown said...

If your website requires web hosting with a lot more disk space and bandwidth but aren’t quite ready for a dedicated server, you can definitely go for Best virtual server sshoutcast server hosting. It is one of the best options people are trying and getting satisfied with the secure and cost effective hosting.